GREEN BAY, WI (WTAQ) - Residents in the city of Green Bay and the village of Ashwaubenon are being asked to keep water usage down this weekend.
The Green Bay Water Utility says starting at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, August 9, an emergency water conservation notice will go into effect until further notice.
Crews will be shutting down and repairing a leak on one of the city's two incoming water transmission lines, leaving the second transmission line to supply water for the whole city.
According to the utility, customers are asked NOT to do these things during emergency conservation periods:
- Water lawns
- Spray water on or wash sidewalks, driveways, windows, patios, etc.
- Fill or refill any and all swimming pools, ponds, or hot tubs.
- Wash vehicles, trailers or boats for non-commercial purposes, except from a bucket.
- Use water for dust control
- Operate outdoor cooling systems, except for necessary health reasons or for the safety of livestock
People are also being asked to delay washing loads of laundry, if possible.