OUTAGAMIE COUNTY, WI (WTAQ) - As the temperatures rise to above 90 degrees this week, authorities in Outagamie County have released a list of cooling shelters.
When it's that hot, emergency management officials say fans are not effective in cooling air to reduce the chance of heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
Those without air conditioning can find relief at:
- Appleton Public Library 225 N. Oneida Street Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-8 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Phone: 920-832-6173
- Thompson Community Center 820 W. College Avenue Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Phone: 920-225-1700
- Fox River Mall 4301 West Wisconsin Avenue Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Hortonville Public Library 102 West Main Street Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Phone: 920-779-4279
- Kaukauna Public Library 111 Main Avenue Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-8 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Phone: 920-766-6340
- Muehl Public Library 436 N. Main Street Hours: Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-8 p.m., Friday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Phone: 920-833-2725
- Village Hall Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
- River Rail Hours: 8 a.m.-close