On Air Now


Listen Live Now » 100.3 FM Green Bay, WI


Current Conditions(Green Bay,WI 54303)

More Weather »
58° Feels Like: 58°
Wind: NNW 15 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0.25”
Current Radar for Zip


Partly Cloudy 59°


Clear 38°


Mostly Sunny 67°


Appleton apartment damaged by kitchen fire

APPLETON, WI (WTAQ) - An Appleton apartment building was evacuated Saturday after a fire breaks out in a kitchen.

Authorities say it happened around 5:30 p.m. at 210 N. Summit Street.

Residents there called 911 to report smoke coming from an apartment. Firefighters arrived on scene and found smoke coming from the apartment building hallway.

Upon arrival, the building was not fully evacuated. Other fire crews conducted search operations and evacuated occupants that remained in the 18-unit building.

The occupant of the apartment in which the fire originated was checked by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

No other injuries were reported.

The occupant of the affected apartment is displaced and will be staying with family. Everyone else was allowed to return to their apartments.

Fire officials have ruled the fire accidental. It originated on a stove top and spread to materials stored on top of a refrigerator.

The department reminds people to make sure they remain in the immediate area of any cooking activities, and have working smoke detectors.