There are plenty of stories out there about, you might be a Redneck if. Here's a true story that seems to fit a Redneck!
A Kentucky man was trying to start his red 1993 Ford Ranger in his garage. Unfortunately, he had a couch stored in the garage directly behind the Ranger, nearly touching it. The truck backfired, setting the couch on fire.
After calling 911, the fire department arrived to find the garage well-involved in flames. The fire spread to the breezeway between the garage and the house.
Firefighters and the resident were lucky that there was a fire hydrant almost directly in front of the house. They were able to contain the fire and it did not reach the house itself.
The Fire Chief put the damage estimates at between $50,000 and $100,000, including the pickup truck.