Here are some crazy facts about football! The # 2 item surprised me the most!
1. Teddy Roosevelt added the forward pass to the rules of football in 1902…
2. The huddle was invented by a deaf quarterback so the opposing team could not read his hand signals.
3. Guess which pro football team’s mascots are named Edgar, Allan, and Poe… Baltimore Ravens
4. Controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens wrote a children’s book in 2006.
5. The NERF football was invented by former pro football kicker Fred Cox in 1972.
6. Americans are expected to consume 79 million pounds of guacamole during the Big Game this year.
7. Since 1972, Concordia and St. Olaf have competed in a rivalry game to lay claim to a Troll trophy.
8. The only pro football teams without cheerleaders are Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Green Bay, New York, and Pittsburgh.
9. “Daaaaa Bears” are the only team to have the same name and city since the PFA became the current National League in 1922.
10. New Braunfels High School in New Braunfels, Texas is the only football team in the nation to have a unicorn as a mascot.
11. The odds of a cow making it into the Big Game (as the game ball) are roughly the same as your chances of catching the bubonic plague… which are approximately 1 in 17,420,000.
12. Yale University has won 18 National Championships — more than any other college team.