- 4 to 6 chicken breast halves, pounded or sliced, about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Dip chicken in the flour to lightly coat both sides. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter with oil. Add the chicken and saute for about 2 minutes. Turn and add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes longer, stirring mushrooms occasionally.
Add the Marsala wine, chicken broth, and lemon and bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Cover and continue cooking for 5 minutes longer. Add the basil, cream, and green onions and cook for 2 minutes longer.