Spinach Alfredo Lasagna Recipe
Spinach Alfredo Lasagna R
With Alfredo and spaghetti sauce, plus ground beef, spinach and three kinds of cheese, this main dish is super hearty and a true family-pleaser. When serving, be sure to scoop all the way down the slow cooker's ceramic insert to get some of each layer.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce in an ungreased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Arrange four noodles over sauce, breaking noodles to fit if necessary. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper; spread half over noodles. Layer with 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1 cup meat sauce.
- Top with four noodles, spinach, Alfredo sauce, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, four noodles and remaining ricotta mixture. Layer with 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 cup meat mixture and remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 8 servings