Another One Of My Game Day Favorites!
MUSHROOM & PROVOLONE PATTY MELT
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark beer (such as porter)
- 8 (1.1-ounce) slices rye bread
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Shape beef into 4 (4-inch) patties. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, salt, pepper, and mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in beer; cook 30 seconds or until thick. Remove from heat; keep warm.
3. When patties are done, remove from large skillet. Wipe pan clean; heat over medium-high heat. Coat 1 side of each bread slice with cooking spray. Place 4 bread slices, coated sides down, in pan. Top each with 1 patty, 1 cheese slice, and one-fourth of mushroom mixture. Top with remaining bread slices; coat with cooking spray. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.