Grilled Beef Tenderloin With A Brandy-Cream Sauce
Bake: 10 minutes
View Nutrition Facts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2, 1-1/2-inch-thick beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1 cup whipping cream
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt and ground pepper; add to hot skillet. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until brown. Transfer to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Bake the steaks, uncovered, in a 400 degree F oven for 10 to 13 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145 degree F).
2. For brandy-cream sauce, in the same skillet cook mushrooms and onions over medium heat till just until tender. Remove the pan from heat; add brandy. Carefully ignite brandy with a long match (mixture will flame up). Or don't ignite brandy; return to heat and simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes or till most of the liquid is evaporated. When the flame is gone or most of the liquid has been evaporated, add whipping cream. Bring the sauce just to boiling. Boil gently for about 8 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, place steaks on warm serving plates and spoon the sauce over the meat. Makes 2 to 4 servings.