ROSEMARY PORTERHOUSE WITH OLIVE MAYO
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 porterhouse steaks, cut 1 to 1-1/4-inch thick (about 1 lb. each)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt or salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Snipped fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 recipe Herbed Potatoes and Squash (See Recipe Center)
1. For Olive Mayo, in bowl combine mayonnaise, olives, dill, and garlic. Cover; refrigerate up to 1 week.
2. Brush steaks with oil. Combine rosemary, salt, and pepper; rub on steaks. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. For charcoal grill, place steaks on rack directly over medium-hot coals. Cover and grill 9 to 11 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F), turning once. (For gas grill, preheat; set to medium-high. Cover and grill as above.)
4. Sprinkle steaks with fresh rosemary; cut in serving portions. Serve with Olive Mayo and Herbed Potatoes and Squash. Serves 4 to 6.