SUMMER BREEZE RIBS
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 pounds pork loin back ribs or pork spareribs
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 4 cups hickory or fruitwood chips
- 1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce
1. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, seasoned salt, and chili powder. Brush ribs with mustard. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture onto ribs. Cover and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
2. At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover. Drain.
3. In a grill with a cover arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Sprinkle some of the drained wood chips over the coals. Pour 1 inch of water into the drip pan. Place ribs, meaty side up, on grill rack over drip pan but not over coals, or use a rib rack placed over the drip pan. Cover and grill for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until ribs are tender, adding more coals and wood chips as necessary.
4. Brush with the 1/4 cup barbecue sauce. Grill ribs for 5 minutes more. Serve with additional bottled barbecue sauce. Makes 6 servings.