Great Escape 2013 is a month away and we are in prep mode around here! Tanning, dieting, exercising, snorkeling in the tub, all that good stuff.
For those of you joining us, here are some upcoming details and tips:
Travel Document Night:
Our Travel Document Night will held at Super Bowl in Appleton on Wednesday, January 16 at 6:30 p.m. Please arrive a little early to receive your documents and then Fox World Travel will have a short presentation to go over the week’s itinerary, flight times, questions, etc. Fox World Travel has emailed details. If you are not able to attend, please follow the instructions on the email on how to receive your important documents and t-shirts. If you have any questions or did not receive the email, you can email email@example.com.
Quick Travel Tips:
- · Double check your passports now!! Make sure your passports are not expired and that you grab the correct ones for the trip! We’ve had a few oopsies in the past and would hate to see that happen again!
- · Scan your passports and leave a copy back home with someone and pack a copy in your luggage.
- · Remember a pen for on the airplane to fill out your customs and immigration forms.
- · Bring plenty of singles, fives, tens, etc. for tipping at the resort, tipping your baggage porters (those who load your luggage onto the shuttle busses), shuttle drivers, etc. It is hard to break large bills while in Mexico, so we recommend preparing ahead with your smaller bills. We have many travelers who bring $100-$200 in cash for tipping and smaller purchases.
- · Credit cards are accepted for excursions and at some shops. We recommend calling your credit card company ahead of time.
- · This year we’re literally right in the heart of Playa del Carmen, with tons of shopping, nightlight, Coco Bongo, etc. We anticipate many more of you will be shopping, so don’t forget to leave room in your bags to bring your goods home!
- · Remember, Bear and Charli broadcast live from Mexico Monday through Friday morning, so you’ll have the chance to send a shout-out back to your family and friends back in Wisconsin, but you’ll need to get up early and join us!! Plus you’ll get to see some amazing sunrises, get a few laughs in, and who knows what else will happen in Mexico (and no, it doesn’t always stay in Mexico, right Bear?!)
- · Finally: Have fun and enjoy the adventure!