Whether or not you think Valentine’s Day is a holiday created by greeting card companies, if you’re in a relationship you’d better be ready to celebrate.
Here are 10 ways to bring home the romance without breaking the bank on February 14th.
1. Instead of eating out, take advantage of dine-in-for-two deals at your local super market.
2. While you’re at the supermarket, pick up your flowers there - they are usually cheaper and last longer.
3. Wake up your significant other with breakfast in bed.
4. Make a creative present instead of spending money - a card or a letter.
5. Stick post-it notes around your house or apartment letting your partner know how much you love them.
6. Bring a surprise picnic to their work for their lunch break.
7. Head to a local event in your community.
8. If you don’t have someone to celebrate with - offer to babysit for a couple and earn extra cash.
9. Create a voucher for a special night out, so that you can enjoy a romantic atmosphere on a different night without all the Valentine’s Day couples.
10. Be a tourist in your city and check out free museums and other cultural experiences.