According to the study of “missed connection” posts on Craigslist, Walmart was found to be the most popular place for people to find love. The findings stretched across 15 states, as people thought they may have met their future spouse at a Walmart more than anywhere else. If you do find love in the aisles of Wal-Mart, whether it’s shopping for patio furniture or rushing through checkout:
1. The Store Entrance In a mad five-minute dash at the front of the store, you’ve grabbed more off the shelves than you probably could handle. Now, you’re wandering around with your arms full of groceries and a helpless look on your face, looking for a cart or a basket. You could ask an associate standing guard at the door to help you … but let’s be real here: a pair of strong, manly arms belonging to a good-looking guy would be extra helpful and probably preferable.
2. The Hair Salon Next time you're in need of a haircut, stop by SmartStyle Family Hair Salon in Wal-Mart and while you're getting a touchup to your luscious locks, ask your hairdresser if she's seen any cute, single guys stop in for a trim lately. Who knows? She might be able to play matchmaker for the two of you.
3. The Card Department Say, you caught the smoldering gaze of a hot stranger while looking for a cheap, but cute anniversary card for your parents in the card section … how do you know if they're single or (sadly) taken? Slide up beside them and ask him, "Do you have a girlfriend? Would she think this is a cheesy card?" Hopefully, the answer is no. Otherwise, it may be time to head to the Home department.
4. The Home Department You came into the department looking to buy a new coffee table … but then you realized you could use a new lamp, and that your rug was looking a little ragged lately … and, of course, you never have enough throw pillows. Before you know it, you hardly have enough room in your carriage for that coffee table. Why not ask the dashing looking stranger in the aisle next to you for a hand?
5. The Electronics Department You know the big bin in the electronics department at Wal-Mart where you can rummage around for $5 DVD finds? Get digging. If you just so happen to both grab for the same DVD: Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus … well, that's practically fate (even if it's forced). You may share an unbridled passion for really crappy, D-list movies! And if you don’t have any luck bumping arms at the $5 dollar bin, don't worry.
6. The Grocery How do foodies find love? Shopping for groceries, most likely. You can ask him what brand of cereal he likes, what he thinks of the produce selection today, and if he knows how to bake a good batch of chocolate chip cookies (while coyly mentioning that yours would just melt in his mouth … hint, hint). Swap recipes … and, if you're lucky enough, you may end up swapping numbers.
7. The Pet Department When you stop in for a new bag of treats for Spot, take note of the other dog-lovers (and possible dates) shopping alongside to you. If he's perusing in the same section of the aisle as you, then chances are good that he's shopping for his dog too. You can approach him by asking which brand of treats his pooch likes and if all goes well, you can suggest a doggy play date, which is really, a badly disguised date for the two of you.
8. The Patio & Garden Department Looking for the outdoorsy type? This is the part of the megastore you'll want to visit. At any given time of day, this department is swarming with guys. So let love bloom.
9. The Checkout Why stand in line thumbing through pages of a celebrity tabloid magazine or fiddling on your phone when you can strike up conversation? If anything, you can start off by both bemoaning over the wait, "Ughh, this line is taking forever."
10. The Parking Lot (Or Anywhere Else in Walmart) If all else fails, try this last resort: drop everything on the ground. Yes, you heard right: drop a bunch of stuff on your way to the lot. The only catch is to be strategic in your drop. Obviously, don't drop your goods in an abandoned aisle (that's just stupid). When you go to reach for something on a high shelf and you "just happen to drop" something, make sure it just happens to fall at a cute guy's feet next to you. The more you drop, the more gentlemanly guys will likely drop to their knees to help you pick things up, meaning more chances to connect.