1. There's SO MUCH PRESSURE to have the "night of your life" on New Year's Eve. If you don't have the most fun you've ever had, society will make you feel like a first-rate loser.
2. Everyone you know keeps asking what you're doing on New Year's when you have no plans and don't care about having plans.
3. Sequins are itchy. And you'll have to get as sparkly as possible if you plan to go out because it's New Year's.
4. The amount of time you spend planning your outfit and getting ready to go to a party is never actually worth it.
5. Wearing your sexy party outfit in the cold weather never works out. It's never this fun to be out in the snow in platform pumps and bare legs.
6. Restaurants do annoying, expensive prix-fixe menus, so you can't even go out for a normal, low-key dinner.
7. Even if you decide to try the nightclub thing, you'll get inside and be instantly annoyed. Sometimes, no amount of pre-gaming can make nightclubs tolerable.
8. If you're single, that awkward moment when everyone's expected to kiss someone.
9. If you're attached, that awkward moment when you're expected to make out in public.
10. Drunk people everywhere.
11. After New Year's Eve, you'll have a terrible champagne hangover.
12. Your amazingly not-hungover friend at brunch will inevitably claim more alcohol will cure it.
13. You can't go to the gym on New Year's Day because all the people who have "resolved" to work out are crowding up the joint.