1. The top five worst dates as revealed by Confused.com are a sewage station day trip, coffin factory tour, meeting the parents, visiting a prison and attending a wedding.
2. Hundreds of respondents also confessed the worst places they'd ever been taken on a date. Two people said they'd been taken to strip clubs on dates, while many unhappy daters admitted that McDonalds was his restaurant of choice. Ouch!
3. When asked why dates went wrong, the majority of respondents, 27%, said they simply didn't 'fancy' their date. 9% said they found their date boring and 22% blamed the lack of chemistry.
4. A quarter of men, 24%, said they'd been stood up on a first date, compared to just 16% of women. The survey found that men and women are equally as likely to 'do a runner', with 16% of men and 18% of women admitting to running away before the end of their date.
5. Almost half, 47%, of online daters said they'd been on a date with somebody that looked 'nothing like their online dating profile'.
6. The majority (58%) of daters believe the bill should be split, while 24% of women (and 34% of men) believe it's the blokes responsibility to pick up the tab.