Granted, when we were kids, we all thought Halloween was the King of the Holidays....free candy and dressing up for fun? Heck yes! But these days, as an adult....how do you feel about it? Halloween has kind of turned into another drinking holiday for many (I've been guilty of it) and we don't have the metabolisms anymore to keep up with all of the candy-eating. Here are some reasons why we can still believe that Halloween is awesome:
10. Candy: Not only do you accumulate all the sweet treats your heart desires for free, stores put all of their candy on sale for the weeks following Halloween. It’s a win-win situation.
9. Decorations: This is the only time of year when it’s perfectly acceptable to have cob webs, bugs and other creepy inspired décor around the house without being judged for it.
8. Weather: Halloween usually marks the period of fall when temperatures begin to drop. This means that the hot, unbearable days of summer are over and the crisp, cool chill of autumn has arrived!
7. Pumpkins: Who doesn’t love a good ole’ pumpkin carving? A holiday tradition, creating jack-o-lanterns is a fun, crafty activity for kids and adults alike. Plus, the seeds make for a great, roasted snack.
6. Pet costumes: On any other day, you may get some flack for dressing your precious pooch or feline in a wacky outfit. But on Halloween, you can totally get away with dressing up your pet, disapproving glances aside!
5. Television specials: One of the best parts of a traditional Halloween is watching the spooky themed TV movies that air all month long. Hocus Pocus, Nightmare on Elm Street and Beetle Juice are just a few classics that you can catch on the small screen during the month of October.
4. No gift giving: Unlike Christmas, Easter and other gift-giving holidays, the only thing you are expected to give out is candy. That means no gift planning, no gift wrapping and no gift returns.
3. No cooking/family travel: In addition to the no gift giving, Halloween also does not require you to cook lavish holiday meals or travel hundreds of miles to see your family. It’s just one night full of fun – no extra work needed.
2. Parties: The month of October is always jam-packed with Halloween inspired parties or socials. In the days leading up to the big, spooky night of fun, you’ll probably receive more party invitations than you know what to do with.
1. Costumes: Although an obvious number one choice, it goes without saying. There is no other time of year when you can be slutty, scary, sexy, ugly or downright strange without people having something to say about it. You can literally be whomever you want and not feel bad about it one bit. Happy Halloween!