<a href="http://imgur.com/x79U4"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/x79U4.jpg" alt="" title="Hosted by imgur.com" /></a>
1. They speak in code: They use language like "I want to travel" or "a big ambition of mine is…" Those types of things are key to getting a potential date. When you sound like you have big plans others will want in.
2. They're short and sweet: Writing a short concise profile of about 500 words will go way further than a monologue that sounds like you're begging for a date.
3. They're bold: Women should play hard to get. But in the virtual world, there are no hard and fast rules. In fact, popular female online daters are more likely to reach out by sending messages like a simple, "Hey" or "Hi there".
4. They shrink themselves: The average height of a woman in America is 5-foot-4, but for some reason, women on the internet round down their height to 5-foot-1 or 5-foot-3. It could be that women assume men want shorter, more petite dates.
5. They don't post many photos: When posting photos, limit your selection to between three and five. That's more than enough to give daters a sense of what you look like.
6. They list universal hobbies: It’s best to list your interests that don't require a whole lot of explanation. Think tennis, swimming or basketball.
7. They save the sarcasm: We've all gotten an email that's meant to be funny but instead rubbed us the wrong way. So don't write anything on a profile that can be misinterpreted or even turn people off.
8. They have straight hair: This one's controversial. A study found that women with curly hair are at a dating disadvantage because it's possible that "wild locks" signify chaos.
9. They don't talk shop: If you love your job, that's great. But save it for after-work events, not cocktails. Besides being unsexy, most men tend to be attracted to women with lower profile jobs.
10. They maintain a sense of mystery: Popular online daters wait 20 to 23 hours on average before replying to the first few emails.