Guess I took the wrong flight!
A dog that was supposed to be on a flight from New Jersey to Phoenix, instead ended up flying for a full 24-hours, and wound up in Ireland.
The English springer spaniel touched down in Ireland, he got to stretch his legs before being sent back in the other direction, making for about 24 hours cooped up in a plane's cargo hold.
The company has given the family a refund, but the owner wants somebody to get fired.
Try this if you dare!
A man in Connecticut has raised $5,000 online to fund his trip to visit all 788 of his Facebook friends in person.
Ty Morin started his "Friend Request: Accepted" project, which he is funding with donations on Kickstarter.com.
His goal is to "reconnect with people" because he's tired of "hiding behind the screen of social media."
He plans to take a picture of each person performing an activity they love.
Honda is recalling nearly 200,000 vehicles in the US due to a brake defect.
The defect is in the vehicles' stability control system and it could cause the car to brake out of nowhere.
One woman was driving 45 miles per hour when the problem kicked in causing the car to brake and her to veer off the road.
The recall includes Pilot SUVs, Acura MDX SUVs and Acura RL sedans all from the 2005 model year.
According to a survey..,.protection is the top reason Americans own guns!
48% say they own for protection while 32% own a firearm for hunting purposes.
Research also surveyed people that don't own guns and they said safety was the main reason for not owning a firearm! 39% said accidents were among their greatest concerns.
Up to 81% of Americans view their pets as family members, and think about their dogs as much as their children. 71% have a photo of their dog in their wallet or phone that they show other people.
There are obvious benefits to having dogs rather than children. Your dog will never slam a door in your face or tell you they hate you. They can be potty trained in eight weeks. They don’t need clothes, a car, or a college education.
AFTER COMBING THROUGH RESEARCH, EXPERTS CONCLUDE:
Dogs can read your gestures but they’ll never make rude gestures of their own. They can learn words like children but they can’t talk back.
And they are as attached to you as a child, but are much, much cheaper. It isn’t hard to see which dependent is the logical choice.
** Dr. Brian Hare is the director of the Duke Canine Cognition Center and Vanessa Woods is a research scientist at Duke University. This essay is adapted from their new book, “The Genius of Dogs,” published by Dutton.
This is a big hole in one!
A golfer suddenly dropped into a sinkhole on an Illinois golf course.
He "was standing in the middle of the fairway. Then, all of a sudden..." He "was underground."
The course manager helped his friends rescue him from the 18-foot-deep, 10-foot-wide hole.
One friend even had to climb down and tie a rope around the man’s waist, because he dislocated his shoulder in the fall.
It took less than 20 minutes to get him out, but there was concern that the hole might grow or collapse.
The man says he’ll golf again, but it probably won’t be at the same course.
Things you never know before today!9 FACTS THAT YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNEW
1. While in ancient Rome, gladiator sweat was sold as a means to improve complexion.
2. Pearl powder is used in traditional Chinese medicine to reduce wrinkles and stretch marks.
3. David Beckham's legs are insured for $70 million. That's enough to buy 35 million rubber duckies...
4. Lamborghini originally made tractors. Ferruccio Lamborghini, the founder of Lamborghini, only started making sports cars after he was insulted by Enzo Ferrari.
5. A roadrunner's top speed is only 20-26 mph while a coyote's is 43mph.
6. A recent study shows that it would take 76 work days a year to read all the terms of service that you agree to annually.
7. The Hollywood sign was originally made to advertise a local real estate venture called Hollywoodland.
8. Astronauts have a strip of velcro in their helmets to scratch their noses.
9. All of Mr. Rogers' sweaters were knitted by his mother!
Could this be your husband?
1. He gets so hungry on outings as a family, you give him the protein bar you keep for the kids in your purse for snack emergencies.
2. He would rather play video games than clean the garage or do any chores.
3. He'll leave his underwear on the bathroom floor.
4. He forgets to hang up his towel.
5. He leaves his ice cream bar wrapper on the end table by the couch.
6. You have to remind him where things go in the kitchen.
7. He would rather stay up and watch a stupid TV show than go to bed at a reasonable hour.
8. When you ask him to take the garbage out, he rolls his eyes.
9. He needs to be reminded to not eat junk food when he goes out with his friends.
10. He stashes his Brussels sprouts to the side of the plate hoping you won't notice he didn't eat them.
A 41-year-old Barbie collector spends $80,000 on Barbie dolls. He collects them, filling four of his bedrooms...
He has 3,000 Barbies. He will not stop until his Florida house is full.
** The 2,000 Barbies and 1,000 Kens lining the walls of of his home are on display at the 'Dream House'-- his home.