Congratulations − you survived Christmas!
Now, there's no way to avoid dealing with New Year's, which is just around the corner. It's time to set some goals for 2013 and get serious about making positive changes.
According to life coach and author Mark Richard Webb, here are some tips for setting and achieving your life goals:
1. Think It Through − What do you want to achieve? What are reasonable milestones for one month, three months, six months and beyond? Don't overdo the first week. Just set a steady and progressive pace.
2. Visualize − Spend time visualizing your goal as accomplished. Your images build a sense of belief that your goals are attainable.
3. Get Inspired and Motivated − Establish different ways of getting information and encouragement, such as self-improvement audio, books, therapy, lectures, online courses or going back to college. Especially in the early going, you have to find ways to stay positive and inspired.
4. Habits − Develop habits that support your life goals. You must be willing to do the things that most people are not willing to do. You must push beyond your limits. When you're setting and achieving your life goals, you must go beyond your comfort zone.
5. Success is a Process − Achieving goals never happens overnight. Don't aim for perfection; instead, just get started. Focus on sticking with your goals and working toward them